Lessons - Information and Fees
What do I need?
How much does it cost?
- A cello of the correct size for you, with bow, case and rosin.
- A floor protector, a music stand and some music.
- Please let me know if you need assistance, or see the "Resources" page for more information.
How much does it cost?
- Initial consultation (up to an hour) £25
- 30 minute lesson £18
- 45 minute lesson £27
- 1 hour lesson £36
- 1 Vicarage Road, Kingfield, Woking, GU22 9BP (by appointment only)
- I do not travel to pupils' houses.
- My teaching studio is on the ground floor. There are 5 steps up to the front door.
- Parking is available on local roads, and there is a bus stop nearby.
- I expect my pupils to attend weekly lessons and practice daily.
- I continue to teach during school holidays and find that many pupils make significant progress during these times.
- Lessons are normally paid for in blocks of 10, though flexible payment options may be available.
- If you are unable to attend your scheduled lesson please let me know as soon as possible. If you cancel your lesson with less than 24 hours notice then the full lesson fee will be payable.
- If, once started, you would like to stop having lessons with me, then I require at least half a term's (or 5 lessons) notice.
- I teach the cello up to Diploma level.
- I normally use the ABRSM examination syllabus, though pupils do not have to take exams.
- Parents are most welcome to sit in on their child's lessons.
- I teach during the day and evening, but not at weekends, and currently have spaces available for new students. Please contact me for further details.
- "Just wanted to say thank you for being such a brilliant cello teacher, you just know how to get the best out of L and we say a big thank you!" (CH 2018)
- "Thanks for everything you have done for F this year - she loves her lessons and I am still so happy about her exam :)" (RB 2018)
- "D is enjoying his lessons very much and seems to have a new enthusiasm for practicing since he started with you – thank you!" (MK 2017)
- "Thank you Jane for all your hard work, advice and guidance over the past couple of years. It has been very much appreciated and you still managed to keep it fun (unlike mummy practice at home!!); she has always enjoyed every lesson with you." (LK 2017)
- "Thanks so much for ... all you’ve done to get L to this point. So delighted with how she’s coming on." (CH 2017)
- "Just wanted to say thank you for the time you gave me yesterday to do a mock exam. It was really helpful." (AO 2017)
- "I would like to sincerely say that you have been the best cello teacher anyone (especially a slow adult learner like me!) could wish for. You have not only taught me with humour and endless patience, you have also been so kind and understanding when my work life became particularly stressful and you have gone out of your way to accommodate me. I cannot thank you enough and I am truly proud to have passed my Grade 1 and 2. I promise you I will continue with the cello once I am settled in ****** and I only hope that I find a teacher half as good as you. Thank you for being so wonderful - you were not only a music teacher but a friend as well. I wish you every success and I am eternally grateful to you." (LC 2016)
- "Which leads me to thanking you for all you have done; your enthusiasm and belief in him is exemplary. He has come a very long way and made huge progress and you have been eternally patient with him. I am so grateful and know that he really looks forward to his lessons and will miss seeing you." (HT 2016)
- "Just wanted to formally put in an email a massive THANK YOU for organising the two christmas concerts. Really was such a good experience and had a really fantastic time listening and playing. Was really lovely to meet some adult learners also and it has given me a bit more drive to get better at the cello!" (AG 2015)
- "G is very keen and really enjoying her lessons." (AA 2015)
- "So it just remains for me to say “Merry Christmas” and a huge thanks for all your help and encouragement this term. I really feel much more positive now about progressing with the cello."(AO, 2015)
- "Thought the concert was wonderful at the weekend – an excellent idea – thank you." (KM 2015)
- "She is thoroughly enjoying learning with you and loves showing us what she is learning." (CR, 2014)
- "Thanks for coaching me through my Grade II. Grade III here I come..." (KC, 2014)
- "Thanks so much for earlier – H is really happy and seems to have be much more settled with it all. We are back from ... and H is upstairs composing merrily!!!" (KLF, 2013)
- "Thank you very much for yesterday, C thoroughly enjoyed it, she went upstairs to practice as soon as she got in." (KOC, 2013)
- "Thanks so much for today, I'm really excited about practising and working on this piece with you." (CH, 2013)
- "I was very impressed with O’s playing last night, from my perspective he seems to be making good progress." (RC, 2011)
- "Thanks for putting up with the squeaks and out of tune notes with such good humour!" (C, 2009)
- "Thankyou for all your hard work as Conductor. You've been, as always, a source of inspiration, and we all appreciate your enthusiasm and achievements. With best wishes, Daniel & all the members of Wonersh Choral Society." (DM, 2006)