Reading, writing and understanding music is a vital part of your development as a musician.
Quite a few of my students also enjoy working through the written music theory syllabus with me, as it helps to consolidate their music reading and comprehension skills and does wonders for their ability to learn new pieces!
I teach the ABRSM music theory syllabus up to Grade 5 to both adults and children, and am happy to work with complete beginners.
I do not guarantee results, or progress within a specific time frame, as every student develops at their own pace. However, if you have a specific deadline in mind I am happy to discuss this with you.
Please phone me on 07958 580 598 if you'd like to have a chat about developing your music theory skills.
Testimonials from Music Theory students:
- So fantastic to have a music theory book for cello - it's really helping me to learn to read my notes (G, Jan 2020)
- L is having fun working through the "sticker book" (VH, Apr 2018)
- Thank you. A loved his lesson today! (LK, Jan 2018)
- C has really enjoyed and benefitted from her lessons with you – a great grade 4 theory result. (HZ, Nov 2017)
- Fantastic news! A is over the moon. Thank you Jane! (G4 theory, distinction) (LV Jul 2016)
- A seemed quite happy with her theory exam paper so keeping our fingers crossed! (LV Jun 2016)
- Thanks for letting me know. I'm very pleased with that result. (G1 theory, distinction) (BB Mar 2012)
Music Theory Resources:
Please see my separate Music Theory Resources page for further information.